The following are areas of God’s blessings that we believe Springwater Church has experienced over the last 18 months.
Springwater has been blessed with:-
- People enrolling as members of Springwater
- Various people have met Christ and been impacted by God through the people at Springwater and through the ministries of the church
- The development of a new leadership team and church structure
- The heart and service of the past and present managing trustees
- A new Administrator that will help the existing admin structure be strengthened and supported
- Church Function Groups being developed that facilitates church attendees getting involved and provide specific insight, direction, and encouragement to four critical areas of church life - Church meetings, Church health, Church impact & Church grounds and buildings.
- The church agreeing on a kitchen extension and overseeing its construction and implementation
- The toilets painted and improved.
- An enthusiastic volunteer who is helping Springwater with its grounds and restoring the many graves and headstones in the Graveyard
- The garden waste pile being cleaned up
- An additional years contract on the storage container
Springwater has seen:-
- Services strengthened, worship intensified and be a place where people have met with God.
- Prayer times increased and expanded into periodic rhythms of prayer and fasting
- Wonderful answers to prayer
- People healed and renewed
- Peoples faith strengthen and deepened
- Creative gifts flourish
- Prophetic encouragement shared and confirmed
- Individuals supported, loved and cared for
- Existing ministries impacting many people and being strengthened. - The Ark, Aspire, Prayer, church services, Music & awareness evenings, Global mission awareness & support
- God provide financial support for the church so it can function
Springwater has been encouraged that:-
- Members are partnering with a local ministry called Christian Community in Action, and the church has helped to support over 30 families with food parcels and gift boxes.
- Springwater and specific ministries in the church have partnered with other organisations around the world and provided food & school supplies for children in Africa, women trapped in human trafficking in India plus evangelistic ministries in north India and Croatia.
- Springwater is partnering with Compassionate Loaf and providing space for running bread making training workshops in which over 20 people of different ages have been trained in bread making.
- The church has supplied volunteers to support Compassionate Loaf pop-up shops that have raised money for local charities and churches.
- Other organisations are asking compassionate loaf to work with them
- The church is partnering with Compassionate Creative and helping support creative community art events and reflection and prayer spaces for other churches and community organisations
- Compassionate creative is being asked to support other churches and Christian communities in developing or holding community art & prayer events.
- Springwater has facilitated Compassionate Mondays and provided a creative space and time for CL & CC to minister and be available to the broader community and they are seeing people meet the risen Christ in a new, profound and creative way.
- A monthly gathering has developed called The Steering Wheel Fellowship that brings together men from a wide area of South Oxfordshire.
- A young man and his family have developed a regular film night at the church for young people aged 12 and over within Sonning common. This team is working to connect with other youth groups in the area.
- The surrounding community is starting to be aware and using the church Bible garden as a place of retreat and reflection. There are also ongoing presentations at the BG helping people learn about the plants of the bible and those specifically in the biblical garden. The Springwater Biblical garden is only one of a few such gardens in the UK.
- Springwater has also been instrumental in helping churches in the local area come together and connect and work in partnership.
- There is an embryonic connection with the Sonning Common youth developing as one of our members is running the village youth club, and several at Springwater have volunteered at the club.
- We have been able to connect with a local care home and help support a young girl as she explored and has strengthened her faith
- We are getting to know staff from a local care home who now attend the church service to support one of our members during the Sunday gatherings.
- The church has run creative times of prayer and reflection and has also been used by other churches and groups to run retreats and praise services.
- Members are involved with other prayer and small groups within their own local areas.
There are still challenges ahead, but GOD HAS BEEN GOOD
Psalm 145:1-9 - David’s Praise
I lift you high in praise, my God, O my King!
and I’ll bless your name into eternity.
2 I’ll bless you every day,
and keep it up from now to eternity.
3 God is magnificent; he can never be praised enough.
There are no boundaries to his greatness.
4 Generation after generation stands in awe of your work;
each one tells stories of your mighty acts.
5 Your beauty and splendor have everyone talking;
I compose songs on your wonders.
6 Your marvelous doings are headline news;
I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.
7 The fame of your goodness spreads across the country;
your righteousness is on everyone’s lips.
8 God is all mercy and grace—
not quick to anger, is rich in love.
9 God is good to one and all;
everything he does is suffused with grace.