We hope you are all well.
We are a bit battered at the moment. At various stages in life, as you all know, we have those times in life when everything seems to come at once and thats why we appreciate your prayers.
- Its tax time here and the tax code is very convoluted and...., well to cut a long story short we have been told by a tax consultant here in California that the advice we received in Colorado from various sources, and what we had been going on for the last several years, was wrong and we have been filling out the wrong forms with the wrong information!!!! This brings in complications that we do not want to contemplate and we would appreciate your prayers for wisdom in sorting this out and finding out what is the correct procedure.
- Ben is having a good time and is coming to the end of his period with Oasis and only has about nine days to go before he leaves India. However, having budgeted well these last six months he is also coming to the end of his funds, mainly due to the ever fluctuating pound and he would appreciate your prayers for provision, peace and strength. Especially as he says goodbye to the children and friends in Chennai. He will be in the UK on the 15th and would appreciate any offers of odd jobs.
- Charys has her 13th birthday tomorrow and is very excited, please pray for protection and enjoyment for her. We do seem to be in a bit of a storm at the moment and would really like her to have a good day.
- Linsey is finding the last section of this quarter very pressured and mentally and emotionally tiring, please pray for physical strength and wisdom.
- There are a couple of folks in our wider family who are battling some very serious health issues at the moment and we would appreciate your prayers for peace, health and restoration.
- Oasis USA has some great opportunities before it at the moment to impact local communities in fighting traffiking. However, it is also being seriously challenged with regard's to its current financial viability and all the folks at Oasis USA would appreciate your prayers for clarity and financial strength.
- Josh is ploughing on although heavily weighed down with the school work load.
- I ( Kevin ) as you might guess I am feeling quite heavy at the moment, although not having any hair means I cannot lose any more as we travel through this phase of our journey. However, I would ask that you pray for us to find the joy and peace in this time.
- Your prayers are appreciated as it is not against flesh and blood that we struggle and battle but against the various powers and principalities that would seek to bring deceit, deception and destruction into our lives.
God bless you
We would appreciate your input and prayers for:
- The people of Haiti. Linsey has a close friend from Fuller who has family on the island. There are many, many Haitians in the US and close links entwine the two nations.
- Protection and peace for Ben as he moves through the final phase of his time in India and as he looks to plan his further education.
- Strength and enjoyment for Josh and Charys as they plough through their studies and further develop their social network of friends so CA has a flavor of home for them.
- Wisdom and strength for Linsey as she continues her studies.
- Josh as he contemplates and explores his future options.
- Kevin’s family in Wales as they care for his mum.
- OasisUSA to strengthen in an integrated fashion and have kingdom impact in:
- Meeting the needs within the city of LA and other cities in the states.
- The development of Traffic Free Communities
- Raising the relevant finances to meet the current needs.
- Kevin to have peace, strength and wisdom as he juggles the responsibilities of work & home.
It’s been a while since we have shared some of our journey with you.
The last couple of months for us have been a process of settling into that elusive general day to day routine of life. As you would all know moving always involves loss and hitting up against some sort of government and corporate administration, so much red tape, bureaucracy and materialism. The good part is that it helps us form personal relationships with people. It has taken several months to sort out our banking issues here in
This initial semester has been a very intense time for Linsey as she has pushed through with her studies and worked hard on the various papers that have to be submitted on a regular basis. To give you some idea she has to read a min of 4500 words for her classes and then usually has to submit assessments of each of the books. This does not even include the final assignments that are required at the end of each class. At times this has been extremely stressful, as she has not done any studies for several years!!!!! ( I am not allowed to say how long) but it has also been very rewarding for her and is enabling her to wrestle with issues that will be important as we look to the future. She has recently been hit with a fever and cold symptoms and we would appreciate prayer for her health as she needs to complete her papers by next week.
Ben is enjoying
Josh is settling into life here and has developed many friends and a good youth group. His IB education is very intense as there is a lot more work involved here than in
Charys is doing well at school and has become part of a good network. She volunteers every now and then at the admin center of her youth group, however, she is caught between the tension of being here and the sadness of not being with friends and family in the
I have recently received my employment permit which allows for greater scope in my work with Oasis. I would ask for prayer as I juggle the roles that I have; within the work of Oasis, caring for the kids and supporting Linsey as she studies. It
We would appreciate your prayers for the work of Oasis. I am working with the team to assist folks in our local community in combating traffiking and slavery and we are developing practical tools that would assist people in the community to link together and care for and meet the needs of people being exploited. We are also developing resources that looks to help the global work of Oasis.
A couple of local and global initiatives that you might find interesting relate to having a christmas party giving hope, see www.oasisglobal.org/storiesofhope/index.htm ; and in undertaking christmas carols with a difference, see www.globalexchange.org/campaigns/fairtrade/cocoa/caroling.html . The Christmas party involves gathering a few friends, having fun and linking together to give people hope. Oasis will give you all the resources you need - just sign up at the above web link. The carols help get folks involved in fair trade issues.
We have recently gone through the thanksgiving season and enjoyed celebrating it with Linsey’s parents, sister and niece who came to visit. We realize that we have a lot to be thankful for. It was a very good time, but now it’s back trying to find the routine of life. Please pray for Linsey
We continually thank you for all your prayers, love and concern. It
God bless you.
Kevin, Linsey, Ben, Josh & Charys
As we roll into the Fall/Autumn we appreciate your prayers for the folks in Mexico. The violence still carries on with drug rehab centres being attacked and many people being killed. Currently the death toll in Ciudad Juarez is above 1400 and that is only over these last 9 months.
Please also pray for IFM we have left the organisation and moved to Pasadena and they are facing significant challenges due to the economic climate as well as Joe's health. Seek wisdom for the board, healing for Joe Hart and provision and safety for IFM teams as well as finance.
As a family we walk into this next period with hope. Linsey has started her studies at Fuller, Josh and Charys are a month into school and Ben is getting ready to travel to Chennai with Oasis.
Please pray that Linsey would enjoy this time of study, she has been working for the last 20+ years in mission and this is an excellent opportunity for her. Pray that the resources needed would be provided, whether that's physical or financial.
Charys and Josh are well. Josh has loads of work on his plate and needs wisdom to balance study but also have fun, he has become involved with good youth group. Charys was literally given a friend at the school. The day we registered, which was later than everyone else, another girl registered at the same time who was the same age and is in the same classes as Charys. This is a key blessing for her in settling into school. Our hope is that in this city of dreams her dreams would be sifted by God and the reality would be enriching and fun for her.
Pray for Ben, he will be in India from the 3rd Oct till early April as part of a team of three and will be working with children in the city slums. May this time be enriching for him and help him grow in all the facets of being a young man. Through it all may Jesus and the Kingdom of God be a practical reality for him and the children he's with.
Kevin is awaiting his employment permit to come through from the government but in the meantime is networking with Oasis USA and learning the ropes of how the organization functions. Oasis are part of the LA trafficking task force and the trafficking team in LA have built very good links and are developing the concept of 'traffiked free communities'. Pray for favor and grace as this venture is piloted and rolled out through the city of Pasadena. May God give insights that would enable Oasis to meet the needs of those in slavery and bondage in the LA metro area.